MGP’s core business has always been supplying premium products to our branded partners. But we have also looked down the road for additional and appropriate on-strategy growth opportunities. Case in point, creating our own limited portfolio of premium spirits between 2015 and 2020.
In 2021, MGP acquired and merged with Luxco, Inc. a leading producer, supplier, importer, and bottler of branded beverage alcohol products. With a history dating back to its founding in St. Louis in 1958 by the Lux Family, Luxco has built a successful company by meeting and exceeding the expectations of consumers and business partners alike.
Since the merger, MGP’s Branded Spirits division now includes an extensive portfolio of award-winning brands supported by our five distilleries:
- Bardstown, Kentucky-based Lux Row Distillers, home of Ezra Brooks, Rebel, Blood Oath, David Nicholson and Daviess County bourbon families;
- Lebanon, Kentucky-based Limestone Branch Distillery, maker of Yellowstone Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Minor Case Straight Rye Whiskey and Bowling & Burch Gin;
- Jalisco, Mexico-based Destiladora González Lux, producer of 100% agave tequilas, El Mayor, Exotico and Dos Primos;
- MGP’s historic distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, where the George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey and Rossville Union Straight Rye Whiskey are produced
- Washington, D.C.-based Green Hat Distillery, producer of the Green Hat family of gins.
The innovative and high-quality brand portfolio also includes Everclear Grain Alcohol, Pearl Vodka, Saint Brendan’s Irish Cream, The Quiet Man Irish Whiskey and other well-recognized brands.
For more information about Luxco and all of the branded spirits, visit luxco.com