March 18, 2020
To Our Valued Partners,
We at MGP are closely monitoring the news about the COVID-19 pandemic. In this uncertain time, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, as well as the potential impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and response on our employees, customers, and other partners.
With the evolving global response to containing the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that you may have questions about MGP’s efforts to safeguard our products and provide uninterrupted supplies of our products. We can assure you that we are acting decisively and with the best interest of all our stakeholders in mind.
As you know, we take food safety very seriously. Staff at all MGP production facilities follow the protocols outlined in Good Manufacturing Practice regulations. All of our production facilities annually receive the highest possible rating of AA for food and beverage safety from BRCGS (formerly BRC Global Standards), an internationally recognized independent source. Our food ingredients are manufactured using a “closed loop” system, so that ingredients cannot be contaminated during the production process.
Beyond these standard, ongoing efforts to protect product safety, MGP is implementing additional measures to mitigate the potential impact of COVID-19 and ensure the safety of our products, our employees and communities:
SUPPLY CHAIN & PRODUCTION PROCESSES
- At this writing, our supply chain has not been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. We continue to carefully monitor the situation and will provide updates in the event this were to change.
- We remain diligent in monitoring and identifying any possible future disruptions across our supply chain and among our employee base.
PREVENTION & MITIGATION OF IMPACT
- We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local government agencies and public health organizations to protect employee and customer health and safety at our production facilities in Kansas, Indiana and Washington, D.C.
- At every location, we are implementing additional cleaning and sanitizing steps.
- We have suspended all domestic travel through at least March 31 and travel overseas until further notice.
- With the travel ban, we will rely on Web-based conferencing as an alternative to in-person meetings.
- We have implemented telecommuting for employees who are not directly involved in the production processes of our operations.
- Visitors will not be allowed in our facilities for the next 30 days. However, this does not apply to routine delivery of products, supplies and materials.
Please check back here for any updates to this information if or when they become necessary.
Everyone at MGP is committed to providing you only the highest-quality products. We appreciate the trust that you place in us every day.
We wish you the best for your health and safety.